Friday 16 August 2019

CSP Germany visit #2 - The Kafer Bars



This CSP bar system is also going to be employed on the black VW soon and is another of those things I have been pondering for the last few years. My only concerns are that I foolishly mounted a lot of EFI parts above my transaxle so I suspect I am in for some rework under the car in order to make it all fit..... but that's the price we pay for having all the modern goodies jammed into the cars I suppose.


CSP have done an awesome job making these steel brackets which bolt through the original top shocker locations and the design of the bars with so much adjust-ability. Fantastic work chaps.



Lucky for me I have the same engine / transaxle cradle mount so this won't be too difficult to alter as per the photo. I am tempted to install another set into the notchback too if this makes the difference I suspect it will.



The completed setup looks great. This combined with the intermediate Berg mount which I already have installed should firm up the rear end prevent flex as much as is possible. Perhaps the only other modification I will perform to the black VW in the future is the replacement of the sub-frame mounts from urethane to solid alloy. Perhaps CSP can start offering the alloy sub-frame mounts too? CSP?

Isotropic rem polishing