Thursday 25 December 2014

Almost a rolling 1500 'S' pan












 
 
 

Well here is perhaps the last update for the 2014.

As you can see, the front suspension and Maico brakes are coming along nicely.
 
I am awaiting the transaxle nose mount to get to me from the USA - the mount I had put away for the car is the slightly larger later model one which wont fit correctly so that was a bummer and brain fade on my part. As soon as that is here, the transaxle gets installed, the spring plates and the engine. Then the fun begins with altering the tin ware to suit the Okrasa heads.
 
But one cant rush these things. I have learnt that if I rush it, I tend to balls it up so even though its moving slowly, it's still moving a lot faster than a lot of projects out there that are all talk and no action. Just try to spend 1/2 hour to an hour every day and the results will be there people! Just do it!
 
With the floor pan rolling shortly, I will jump into the body work of the notchback body for 2015 and see how far I get with that. 2014 has been very productive for me on this car (I also assembled the mechanicals on a 1952 replica split window beetle as well as many other non car things like getting married) so I can't see why the bodywork cant be completed next year.
 
All the best for 2015!

Isotropic rem polishing