Friday 16 August 2019

1500 'S' front end work again


Missing just a few things now under the front hood- 4 x washers for the tank retaining bolts, 2 x connectors on the earth wires (you can't see them in this image), the 16mm ID hose from the breather pipe to the tank, the washer hose which I will get in the next week, and I need to get the liner (NOS) out of Germany which I have paid for already.


NOS earth wire from the suspension housing to the steering box.

Also note the brass fill plug which I install into steering boxes. The cover gets tapped 1/8 NPT and then you can easily check the level.

I am waiting on the lock tab coming back from silver zinc plating too for the steering bolt in case your wondering if I forgot it or not.


Original breather pipe (un-restored) retained by the original zinc plated tabs.


All original parts here except the bolts and rubber washers which are new Wurth brand available from Vintage Vee-Dub Supplies in Sydney.


Neat and tidy and ready for the last few things including fuel hose, brake pipes to the dual circuit and lock washer on the steering bolt.


NOS 311 switch boot installed that I found at the EBI show or Bad Camberg just recently.


Looking good under there up front. Close to being finished.

Might be time to drop the engine and get that attended to next.

Isotropic rem polishing