Friday 16 August 2019

CSP Germany visit #2 - The Type 3 Python Exhaust


If you make it to CSP in Hamburg, you will find this Type 3 display engine near the counter.
I first saw it in 2017 when I was there and made mental notes to purchase some items for the black VW but it took me until 2019 to get organised (while the green VW was draining my bank account!).
Shown in these images primarily is the CSP Python exhaust I have just purchased for the black VW in 42mm as my current Phoenix merged exhaust at 45mm is just a tad too large and I think it is spoiling performance.


I like the design feature of providing some support from the bumper bracket area.
That does make a lot more sense than hanging the whole shooting match from the head exhaust studs alone.


Nice heat shield to assist with not ruining the rubber air bellows boot.


This is a true equal length system so some pipes look long but it has to be done.



The pipes merge together in the correct firing order too which is essential.
A lot of systems don't do this and are second rate at best. Use your brain to work out how bad those systems are...
I can't wait to get it installed in the black VW and absolutely smash the throttle to see how the car responds.

Isotropic rem polishing