Friday 16 August 2019

CSP Germany visit #2 - The Type 3 Linkage


This is another item I am ordering for the black VW soon.
My current linkage is not quite good enough due to the locations of things on my 2028cc engine such as the alternator and the large MSD distributor.
I had altered a JayCee 48IDA linkage for the car and while it works, it was operating on a cocked angle and not ideal or equal so I had to come up with something better.
So when I saw this solution at CSP recently, I had to grab it.


The linkage is placed close to the firewall which is exactly what I need for the IDF pattern throttle bodies to get em to work in the correct manner.


It's not as cocked as this image shows if you scroll through the images.








I have already swapped my throttle bodies over left to right and moved the TPS in order for this to work. Next step once its running again is to remove the MSD distributor and control box to get the crank trigger setup (installed already) working and then the Mega Squirt will control both the fuel and ignition. That was always the plan.

Isotropic rem polishing