Thursday 14 November 2019

T34 in the collection



I knew this would happen eventually.

After my recent trip to Germany and seeing the price of decent T34's shooting through the roof, I was on the prowl for a decent T34 project. About 2 months ago while working in Sydney I was inundated with calls about this car that had just been advertised for sale in WA. For the most part I ignored the calls because I was nowhere near home, the car was thousands of km away from me even if I was in Adelaide and it just was not something I wanted to commit to buying without seeing for myself.
Next thing you know, Simon in Fremantle calls me to say he will go look at the car as it's semi-local to him and as Simon has a T34 himself, he knows what he is looking for when it comes to these often rusty and damaged cars. hmmmmmm. OK lets do this. And Simon offered to keep the car at his place until I was ready for it to be sent to me.....
A couple of hours later and the deal was done. I now owned a T34!


As it so happens I had business in Western Australia recently and was able to see the car laid out with all the parts to determine what I had bought. I also had to raise the suspension all round as the car was so low, some retard had dragged the car onto a car trailer and damaged the underside of the floor-pan which had only just been 100% restored with new pan halves, paint etc. That was not something I wanted to see or rectify but alas, not many people seem to give a flying fuck about others property it would seem.


Here it is on Simon's front yard. The car included a spare pair of doors as well as a good amount of brand new seals, window rubbers, window trim, and most of the original parts boxed up. The engine is missing which is not a problem as I have plans for that already. The trans-axle is freshly rebuilt as was the entire floor-pan as stated earlier. Although it looks bad in photo's, the car is super straight and the rust seems to be fairly normal for a T34 which isn't overly concerning. As soon as is viable, the car will come home and the works will commence. I better get the notchback 100% completed now!

Thanks to Simon for doing the deal as well as storing it for a bit! This could be my biggest project yet.

Isotropic rem polishing