Friday 15 November 2019

CSP Type 3 Linkage upgrade for the 1500 'N' Panel Van

I had been thinking of buying a CSP linkage for quite a while (years) and having spent some time in Germany this year (Bad Camberg and EBI), I made the side trip to Hamburg to see CSP and their fine products, and decided yes, I MUST HAVE THIS.


Installation was simple. Remove some stuff and then install some stuff. Seriously, anyone with some basic tools can do this in about an hour and have it dialed in correctly to suit their engine. The linkage arms come longer than you are likely to require (this is good) so 10 minutes with a saw to 'correct' the threads afterwards is the only thing to be concerned with.


My oil cooler routing block was a pain in the arse as I had to remove it to install the longer bolt. You probably wont have this issue!

This was entirely my fault because I run a remote oil cooler that is thermostatically cooled by a fan controlled by my ECU, not the factory item.


All done, I am super happy with the results.

Smooth as silk and clears everything perfectly.

My previous linkage was a mix of JayCee parts and items I fabricated. It was OK but not as linear as this due to the physical size of the JayCee item I was using (now donated to Simon for his drag bug).

Thanks CSP once again. Keep developing Type 3 parts and I will keep buying them especially with a T34 under construction in 2020 and beyond now.

Isotropic rem polishing