Thursday 14 November 2019

Headlight earthing completed on the 1500 'S'

It's all about the details. I applied my reproduction Super/Premium foil sticker to the car recently as per factory (engine is 8.5:1 compression as per original) so that's another job done. Yes that tire is brand new and that brown stuff is protective wax! I might clean the tire at a later date but for now, not a big deal.


Here is the passenger side earth wire connected in original location with original screw. How nice is that original material stuck on the inside of the trunk? Amazing original car.


And here is the drivers side. Same as the other in every respect and assuming I ever put a battery in the car, it checks out and should all work as original.


Next job for me on the car is probably to fit the pop out windows which is a bit of a daunting task as I have to find the 3 x holes each side under the headlining without damaging anything.

Isotropic rem polishing